What is internet and who is its owner? Advantage and disadvantage | All about it.
What is Intranet?
Intranet is a private network that is often seen in any one enterprise. There are many interlinked local area networks, and they also use leased lines in a wide area network.
Typically, only one or more gateway computers in an intranet are connected to external internet.
The key job of the intranet is to share information and computing resources of a company only among employees. The same intranet can be used for teleconferences in the middle of working groups.
The same intranet uses TCP / IP, HTTP, and other Internet protocols. That’s why it is generally seen as a private version of the Internet.
What is the difference between Internet and Intranet?
Here you will know what the difference between Internet and Intranet is.
Meaning of internet
Internet is a global network that establishes a connection and provides transmission to many different computers.
Both use the communication of both wired and wireless mode to send and receive any kind of information such as data, audio, video etc. In this often data travels through “fiber optic cables”, which own telephone companies.
Internet is currently used by most people to get information, to communicate, and to transferring data in the network. This is a public network, which can easily connect and relay with each other. It provides users with a great source of information.
Meaning of Intranet
Intranet is a part of Internet which is privately owned by any one organization. It combines all of its computers and provides access to all its files and folders within the network itself.
There is also a firewall that surrounds the system, so it prevents any unauthorized user from accessing the network. Only authorized users have permission to access this network.
In the same way, Intranet is used to connect computers and to tranmit the data also within a company network. This is a safe way to share details, materials, and folders as the network is very secure and restricted within the organization itself.
What is the difference between Internet and Intranet?
- Wherever Internet provides unlimited information, which anyone can view and use, in the same way, data is circulated within the organization itself.
- Access to Internet can be done by anyone and everywhere, however, only the authenticated users can use Intranet.
- No single or multiple organization is allowed to own the Internet, however, because it is a private network of Intranet, it comes under a firm or institution.
- Internet is a public network therefore it is available for everyone, so that Intranet is a private network and therefore is not available for everyone.
- Intranet is safer than Internet.
How does the Internet work
Computers in the Internet are connected with each other through small networks. These networks are connected with the Internet backbone via gateways.
All computers communicate with each other on the Internet through TCP / IP, which is a Basic Protocol (i.e set of rules) that is Internet.
TCP / IPs (Transmission Control Protocol / Internet Protocol) manage all the transmissions happening in the Internet, regardless of the data / file / document, but to do so, that data / file / documents are small Parts are broken into pieces called packets or datagrams.
In this there is the address part of the actual data in each packet, i.e addresses of destination and source is upto 1500 characters.
TCP and IP Functions
1. The work of TCP is that these messages break into small packets that are transmit in the internet and then they are reassemble later also those small packets are received in oringinal message which is received via internet
2. The work of IP is that it handles the address part of each part, so that the data can be sent to the correct address. Each gateway checks this address of the network to see where the message is being forwarded.
Talking about Net’s history, in 1969, it was the first step in the world, and it went ahead with the change of time and technology and now B is not taking the name of the stoppage. Know a little more.
So let us know the history of internet in .
1. Internet originated from ARPANET (ADVANCE RESEARCH PROJECT AGENCY network).
2. ARPANET was part of Ameriaca’s defense division in 1969.
3. Initially, this network was created to send Gupta’s name through computer. This name was ARPANET.
4. In the beginning, this idea was used to connect five US University computers. By the time of 1972, this world was connected to 23 Node and different countries of the world, which was later given Internet
5. Initially, this network was used on the private network, afterwards it reached all this and it has changed in a whole year, and now you have the same Internet connection. My information is Internet and you are reading the history of Internet Were.
1. For the exchange of electronic mail
More than 85% of Internet users use Internet to send and receive email. More than 20 million emails are exchanged in a week.
2. To Research
Internet is a very big source because of documents, books, research papers etc. People use it to do research.
3. Download or Upload Files
Here, many such files are uploaded by many websites such as Movies, Songs, Videos, Documenteries, etc. If you want to see them then you have to download them for which internet is required.
4. Being Discussion Groups
If you want to know about a subject or consult a specialist about it, then you can use Discussion Groups. Here you will find many experienced and experts for expert advice regarding something.
5. Interactive games to play
If you are getting bore then you can play great and fun interactive games in the Internet for your entertainment.
6. For Education and Self-Improvement
Here you will find many on-line courses and workshops, from which you can learn a lot, you can also self-improvement by attending their online seminars.
7. Friendship and Dating
If you like to make online friends then you have a lot of social media sites like Facebook, Instagram, Twitter.
If you are more interested in creating relationships, then you can register yourself by visiting the Online Dating Sites so that you can extend your relationship by talking to your partner accordingly.
8. In Electronic Acrobatics and Magazines
Here you will find many news websites where you can easily get news of all the latest breaking news, weather, and sports. There you can read many online magazines here too.
9. Looking for Job
There are many such websites that are constantly providing information about jobs. Whether it is a technical job or non-technical jobs If you are looking for jobs then you can also register and register your favorite job.
10. Can Shop
Now the days went when you had to shop many shops to shop. But now you can order online things you want at home.
You can find all kinds of things here at that very good offer price. All you have to do is register yourself in these sites. Then you can shop as much as you want.
History of Internet in India
Internet was first used in India on August 15, 1995. The service was given by VSNL (Videsh Sanchar Nigam Limited), the largest telecom company at that time. After this, it had brought some change in India in such a way.
- The net was caught in big cities.
- In 1996, an email site named Redifmail was launched in India.
- First Cyber Cafe Filled in 1996 in Mumbai
- The site like 1997 Noukri.com was built in India, today everyone has this public.
- The 1999 Hindiportal “webdunia” started.
- Technology Act 2000 was introduced in India by the decade of 2000.
- Yahoo India and MSN India also started in 2000.
- 2001 Online Train Website irctc.in was launched.